Why You Should Stage Your Home
When selling your home, you want to present it in the best light possible. As a seller, you need to mentally detach from your home and think of it as a product that you're selling instead of your own private sanctuary. Since this is difficult for many people to do, professional staging can be a huge benefit when putting your home on the market. Here are our top reasons why.
1. Your home will sell for a higher price. Staged homes sell for about 6% more on average than homes that are not staged. Staging increases a home's perceived value by drawing attention away from any flaws and creating the impression of a well maintained space.
2. Your home will sell much more quickly. In a recent Real Estate Staging Association survey, professionally staged homes spend 72% less time on the market than homes without professional staging. This is extremely beneficial to sellers who will be living in the home during the sale as it seriously cuts down on the amount of showings and the inconvenience of multiple buyers coming through the house.
3. Photos of your home will stand out more. According to the National Association of Realtors, over 95% of home buyers start their home search online before ever contacting a Realtor. Meaning, your home starts selling itself to buyers from the photos taken for your listing. Not only will staging benefit the presentation of your home, but your Realtor should always be using a professional photographer for best results.
4. Buyers can visualize themselves living in the home. You want to create a comfortable space that appeals to the masses. While you may adore your Grandmother's doilies, you don't want buyers focusing on your decor instead of imagining themselves living in the space. You want potential buyers to leave your home and be thinking about living in it, not redecorating it.
5. You'll get a jump start on packing. Since the end goal involved in listing your home is moving on, get a head start on packing by putting your belongs into storage and getting rid of items you don't need. Take at least half of the items out of your closets and pack them up. Clear surfaces and think about packing large furniture that isn't necessary.
Lifetime Realty Group has seen many sellers benefit from using professional staging. We recently assisted a seller who had a vacant home on the market for six months with another broker and no action. The listing expired and our Listing Specialist, Jackie Voit, met with the seller to discuss the benefits of staging. After agreeing to staging with LynneMark Home Staging and re-listing the home at the same price, our seller received a full price offer after only three days on the market.
Lynne Trinklein of LynneMark Home Staging uses a technique called vignette staging, which creates small scenes with like objects to add interest to a space and make it more inviting. Lynne uses books, vases and plants in compatible colors to accent features within a home. Other go to staging items are trays, baskets, throws and pillows to add comfort and warmth within a room. To read more about Lynne Trinklein and vignette staging, link to article below.
If you're interested in learning more about staging or selling your home, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (262)696-9884.